Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Can Always Stretch To Curse You Out

, , , | Right | April 22, 2020

I work at a call center selling jewelry you see on the TV. We have a thing called StretchPay, which is basically self-explainable. However, if you don’t pay that StretchPay, or rack up multiples and don’t pay for any of them, we can close your account in our system. That basically lets employees know that you cannot order on that account, nor can you create a new account and order on that one, or order online with this account.

I get a call from an older lady who wants to order a pair of earrings, but when I pull up her account I see it’s closed, and that she hasn’t paid a StretchPay in at least a year or more.

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but due to your account being closed for non-payment, I cannot place your order.”

Cue the b****ing at me, because how dare I let her get herself into more debt? It’s obviously all my fault for letting her order all this stuff. After a minute or so of her yelling at me, I get a word in edgewise.

Me: “Ma’am, I cannot place this order, nor will I be making a new account for you. I’m going to document this as such, and just so you know, these calls can be pulled and listened to.”

Caller: “You can shove those earrings up your a**!” *Click*

Unfortunately, I heard so many of the above situations that this was one of the tame ones. Fortunately, I don’t work with customers now.

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!