Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Calling You Names

| Working | August 11, 2016

(One of my coworkers was recently sent to one of our neighbouring locations to help out. This coworker also has the exact same name as me. One day, I get a phone call from the manager of that neighbouring location.)

Manager: “Yes, can I speak to [My Name], please?”

Me: “Speaking.”

Manager: “Ah, good. I just wanted to take a moment to call and thank you for coming to help out last week. We were swamped, and your help was greatly appreciated!”

Me: “Oh, you’re looking for [Coworker]. I’m sorry; he’s not in right now.”

Manager: “Who are you?”

Me: “I’m [Full Name]. Sorry for the confusion; we’ve got the same first name.”

Manager: “Well, put [Coworker] on!”

Me: “I’m sorry. He’s not in right now.”

Manager: “Well, why the f*** not?”

Me: “Because he works the evening shift.”

Manager: “So?”

Me: “It’s 10 o’clock in the morning right now. He’ll be in this afternoon.”

Manager: *annoyed sigh* “Fine. I’ll call back later!”

(A few days later, this manager calls again.)

Manager: “Yes, could I speak to [My Name]?”

Me: “Speaking!”

Manager: “Ah! Glad I finally caught up with you. I’ve been trying to find you to thank you for your help. You know, I called a few days ago, but some other guy with your name picked up. He’s a f****** moron, isn’t he?”

Me: “You’re speaking to the moron.”

Manager: “What?”

Me: “Yes. Again, you want to speak to [Coworker’s Full Name]. This is [My Full Name]. [Co-Worker’s Full Name] works the evening shift and won’t be until later this afternoon.”

Manager: *long pause* “TELL HIM I’M LOOKING FOR HIM!” *click*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!