Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Calling You A Liar

, , , , | Right | January 11, 2019

(I am the manager on duty on an unusually busy Saturday, and have been manning the register and answering calls non-stop. Between me and my associate, we have missed maybe three phone calls. The customer in this story comes in with his son at the tail end of my ten-hour shift.)

Customer: *skipping everyone in line* “What the h*** is wrong with you people?”

Me: *literally turning away from my last customer to face him* “Excuse me?”

Customer: “I’ve been calling all day, and you ain’t once answered your phone!”

Me: “Sir, I’ve answered every phone call I could physically get my hands on. Either you called a different store, or you’re exaggerating how much effort you put into calling.”

Customer: “I always call this store! You’d better not be calling me a liar, you—“

(The phone rings. With quite a bit vindicated satisfaction, I hold up my index finger to silence the man and pick up the phone.)

Me: “Thank you for calling [Store]. This is [My Name] speaking. How can I help you?”

Customer’s Son: “Hey, that’s the lady I talked to, Daddy!”

(I turned around so the customer couldn’t see me trying not to laugh at the expression on his face, and my coworker sent him to the back of the even longer line.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!