Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

California Roll: The New Pineapple

, , , , | Right | June 18, 2018

(I am waiting for a large sushi party tray at a sushi takeout place, when I overhear the following exchange between a customer and the cashier.)

Customer: “I’m here to pick up my order; my wife called earlier today. It’s under [Customer’s Wife].”

Cashier: *looks through papers* “I’m sorry, I can’t find anything under that name. The Wi-Fi was down earlier. Maybe it got lost somehow?”

Customer: “But my wife said she spoke to you earlier!” *takes out cell phone and dials a number* “Here, talk to her yourself.” *hands the phone to the cashier*

Cashier: *on phone* “Hello?” *pause* “I’m sorry, but I don’t remember any call.” *pause* “Are you sure?” *pause* “I’m sorry. Thank you.” *hangs up and hands phone back to man* “We have another location in [Other City]; maybe she called there by mistake?”

(The cashier is still trying to be polite and nice, even though she’s getting visibly flustered at how annoyed the customer is looking.)

Customer: “Well, can you take my order now?”

Cashier: “Sure, we can make it now, if you don’t mind waiting. What would you like?”

Customer: “Okay. I’d like three large cheese.”

Cashier: *clearly confused as to what cheese sushi he could possibly be referring to* “Cheese?”

Customer: “Yes. Three large cheese pizzas and one medium pepperoni.”

(The cashier, the one other customer, and I all look at the man in shock.)

Cashier: “Pizza?! But this is a sushi place! We don’t make pizza!”

Customer: “But you just said you’d make it!” *getting more annoyed by the second*

Cashier: “But this a sushi store! We don’t have the ovens for pizza!”

Customer: “Why didn’t you say so earlier?!” *storms out the door*

Me: *looking around at the obvious sushi takeout place* “Why didn’t you realize that earlier?!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!