Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Cake Stops People From Going Postal

, , , , | Hopeless | March 9, 2019

(I work in a small post office in a rural area. It makes for a pretty relaxed atmosphere as and people tend to like talking too much about what they’re sending. This has led to some embarrassing oversharing before. This is my favourite interaction, though.)

Customer: “I’d like to send this first class. It’s cake samples for a wedding, so I don’t want it to take long.”

Me: “That’s nice. Oh, it’s still a little warm. Smells really good.”

Customer: “Thank you. Made them all fresh. I’ve got mint chocolate, red velvet, chocolate orange, and Victoria sponge.”

Me: *jokingly* “Well, if it doesn’t get there, you know I might have just eaten them. They sound tasty!”

(We share a laugh and finish the transaction. The next day:)

Customer: “Hello again. I had some leftover sample slices and thought you’d like them.”

Me: “Oh, wow. Thank you so much!”

(I shared the cake with my boss. They were delicious, and when it came time for my sister’s wedding, you can guess who made the cake.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!