Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Caffeinated And Defeated

| Related | November 10, 2016

(My parents have moved in with my husband and me for six months while their house is being built. We have a list of groceries that needs to be bought on a whiteboard and we half the cost of it all. I drink a certain sachet coffee that is about 50c a packet. I have one a day, while they drink 4-5 cups of normal coffee a day. This happens after my parents come home after shopping.)

Dad: “So I bought you these coffees. They were much cheaper than the normal ones you get.”

Me: “They don’t taste the same as my normal ones… It tastes like I’m drinking aspartame, which I don’t particularly like!”

Dad: “Well, these were cheaper so you can just suck it up!”

Me: “Hang on… My coffee wasn’t even on the list!”

Dad: “It wasn’t on special so I bought the other stuff.”

Me: “So, let me get this straight. I didn’t ask you to buy me any. You bought me stuff I don’t like and I have to suck it up?”

Dad: “Ah, yeah, I guess so! Oh, come on. They can’t be that bad. Here I will try one.”

(He makes one and drinks it then makes a disgusted face.)

Dad: “Oh, my goodness, that’s how cancer is formed!”

(I’m never going to let him live it down!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!