Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

By The Numbers, They’re In The Wrong

, , , , | Right | December 13, 2021

I work in a photo studio. The phone rings and I answer it. Before I can even get my greeting out:

Caller: “I’m here for my appointment. Why aren’t you open?!”

Me: “We’re open.”

Before I can continue:

Caller: “No, you’re not! The door is locked, and I have an appointment now! You’d better unlock the door!”

I look at our door with no one at it. Maybe they’re invisible?

Me: “The door isn’t locked.”

Caller: *Interrupting again* “YES, IT IS!”

I hear the sound of a person pulling on a door back and forth and then pounding on it.

Caller: “Can’t you hear me at the door?! Stop ignoring me and open the f****** door!”

Me: “What address are you at?”

Caller: “At your address!”

Me: *Sighs* “Can you just tell me what address you’re at?”

They scream the building address.

Me: “Which unit?”

Caller: “IT DOESN’T MATTER! NOW LET ME IN, D*** IT!”

Me: “There are twenty-five different units in the building; some aren’t rented out. We’re in unit nineteen. There is no one at our door and it is unlocked. Now, look at the number above the door… What is the number?”

Now the customer is somewhat quiet and definitely realizing their own stupidity.

Caller: “Um… seven.”

Me: “We’re a few doors down towards the end.”

I got no apology for the behavior, and no eye contact indicated they knew that their self-entitled butt was way out of line.

While it would be awesome if I was doing well enough to own the entire building and need it for all the work I’m doing, even then, I would only have one door open for people to enter through, and you would need to use the one with the right number above it.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!