Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bus-ted

| Working | September 18, 2012

(I work at a job part time where I need to go to different locations often. I usually take the bus to new locations so I like to confirm with the bus driver that I am taking the right bus.)

Me: “Hi, I need to get to this location. I just want to make sure I am taking the right bus.”

(I show him a piece of paper with an address and the building name on it. I’m at a terminal and the bus driver is sitting in his seat talking to another bus driver who is standing outside the bus door.)

Bus Driver: “This bus goes somewhat close to [building name], but Bus #100 goes directly there. That bus doesn’t get here for another 40 minutes, though.”

Me: “Okay, thanks. I don’t want to be late for my job, so I guess I’ll go on this bus, then. How long of a walk do you think it is from the stop to [building name]?”

Bus Driver: “Does it matter? You’re not an old lady. You have the physical ability to walk. God, teenagers these days are so lazy and complain about anything that has to do with a little work when us older people wish we could do all the things you can but won’t! You should be a bit more appreciative!”

(The other bus driver chuckles and rolls his eyes.)

Me: “Actually, I’m 23, and I did just start learning to walk again without crutches. I’ve been off my feet for four months from a serious injury and operations which left me with a foot mostly made of metal. So, no, I can’t  walk too much, but right now I don’t really care about that. I just wanna make it to work on time. ”

Bus Driver: *sheepishly* “Oh, well, it’s about a 10 minute walk. How was I suppose to know that?!”

Me: “It’s not about what you didn’t know, it’s about not assuming all young people are lazy, a**hole. Now can you please lower your ramp so I can get on this bus?”

(He lowers his ramp and as I walk pass him limping and struggling, him and the other bus driver sheepishly apologize.)

Both Bus Drivers: “Sorry…”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!