Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bursting American Bubbles

, , , , , | Right | October 24, 2017

(We are a small, UK-based company. An American customer calls one afternoon.)

Customer: “I was on your website and can only find this number. I need to you to give me the number for your American office. And you should tell whoever is in charge that international calls are expensive. I shouldn’t have to call to get an American number; you should put it on your website next to this one.”

Me: “We don’t have an American office; just this one. Is there something I can help you with?”

Customer: “What do you mean, you don’t have an American office? Your website says you ship worldwide.”

Me: “We are a very small company. We send everything from the UK and—”

Customer: “Why are you all in the UK?”

Me: “Because we live here?”

Customer: “All of you?”

Me: “Um, yes.”

Customer: “If you don’t have an American office, then how can you ship things to us in the United States?”

Me: “We give Royal Mail money and they put it onto a plane for us.”

Customer: “I only deal with Americans.” *click*


This story is part of the fourth Geography roundup!

Read the next Geography roundup story!

Read the fourth Geography roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!