Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bull In A China Shop

, , , | Right | May 29, 2008

(Back story: our local government has banned Grand Theft Auto 4, but this was never publicly announced. I put up a sign that said in big letters “GTA IV IS BANNED AND IS NOT AVAILABLE FOR SALE”.)

Me: “Good evening, how can I help you?”

Customer: “I wanna buy Grand Theft Auto 4.”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but that game is unavailable as it is banned in Dubai.”

Customer: “So… how much?”

Me: “It’s banned. You can’t buy it in the country.”

Customer: “Ahh, wait, I see the sign. Sorry, I didn’t notice it before…”

(He spends several minutes studying the sign intently.)

Customer: “Can you reserve a copy for me or what?”

Me: “Sir, you cannot buy it. If I even had a copy and sold it to you, it would be illegal… do you understand?”

Customer: “So, I can’t buy it?”

Me: “That’s correct.”

Customer: “Well, I think you’re keeping it for yourself!”

Another Customer: “Hey why don’t you just leave? The guy said you can’t buy one and the huge sign explains why you can’t.”

Customer: “Look f***er! I just want the game so give it to me before I seriously hurt you!”

Me: “Just piss off, alright? I don’t have it and I wouldn’t sell it to a prick like you anyway. Now get out of my shop!”

(The other customers in line applaud and cheer.)

Customer: “Well gee, sorry… you don’t have to be so rude!” *walks out*

(My blood pressure is just returning to normal when the original customer suddenly runs in COMPLETELY NAKED. Before we can react he grabs a Guitar Hero 3 guitar that is on display and proceeds to HIT ME ON THE HEAD WITH IT. My customers in line jump him and we eventually subdue him. We call the police and he was never seen again. I lost 1000 dollars worth (about 3000 dirhams, our local currency) in broken merchandise.)


This story is part of the Bad-Gamer-Customer-themed roundup!

Read the next Bad-Gamer-Customer-themed roundup story!

Read the Bad-Gamer-Customer-themed roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!