Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Building A Case Against Her

, , , , | Right | April 1, 2013

(I work in the toy department of a fairly large bookstore. For the past few weeks, we’ve been finding empty boxes of large Lego kits tucked away on the shelves. I notice a woman crouched down behind a display in the back corner, a large backpack at her feet, and a Lego box in her hands that she’s trying to open.)

Me: “Hi there! Are you finding everything all right today?”

Woman: “Oh, uh, yeah.”

(The woman shuffles to her feet and I start “tidying up” a nearby display. She puts the box of Legos down and grabs her backpack. She wanders off to the teen section, and I keep a discreet eye on her as she grabs a book and sits down to read. I find my manager and tell him what happened. He approaches the customer, who is still reading.)

Manager: “Hey there, I hear you like Legos.”

Woman: “Uh…?”

Manager: “My kid really likes Legos, too. But he’s really disappointed when he opens the box and the pieces are all missing.”

Woman: “Um…”

Manager: “So, here’s what we’re going to do. You’re going to leave my store and not come back. If you do, I’ll have to call the police.”

(The woman left the store, still flustered. We never saw her again. Mysteriously, the Legos stopped disappearing, too.)


This story is part of our Lego roundup!

Read the next Lego roundup story!

Read the Lego roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!