Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Broken Eastern Promises

| Right | November 6, 2014

(There is a smaller highway that ends in the city, and another one that starts. I work at a gas station between the two so we get a lot of people driving through.)

Customer: “Excuse me, but how do I get back on Highway #3?”

Me: *gives directions*

Customer: “No. I mean the other way. We just came from [City Two Hours Away].*

Me: “No, that’s the only way. Highway #3 ends here. Did you want Highway #41?”

Customer: “I don’t think so. I’m headed to [Destination].”

(My dad has just walked in to pick me up from work.)

Me: “And you said you came from [City Two Hours Away]?”

Customer: “Yes. Why, what’s wrong?”

(I’m speechless at this point, but my dad helps her, and the owner confirms what he says.)

Dad: “You turned the wrong way. You have to head back; you just lost about seven hours driving time…”

(What should have been two hours turned into more than seven hours driving and an overnight stay. Guess they didn’t know when the sun is setting BEHIND you, you aren’t traveling west…)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!