Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bringing The Shine To ‘Come Rain Or Shine’

, , | Hopeless | September 30, 2016

(I decide to take my 21-month-old daughter with me to the post office to mail a package. It had been raining but it has stopped and the sun is shining, leaving me to believe that it is clear. We get down there and I realize not only did I lose my money, but that it is pouring outside.)

Me: “Oh, man… I… I have no choice. I have to go. The post office is closing.”

(I cover my daughter, and head out, thinking I can cross the road, avoid getting splashed, and perhaps find my money, but the vehicles just won’t stop coming. I’m near tears, thinking that I failed today as a mother as I am getting dirty looks for having my baby out in the rain, despite the fact she’s having a blast and laughing.)

Me: “I’m sorry, [Daughter], I really am…”

Daughter: “Mama?”

(I start walking, thinking I’m hearing my daughter make her usual noises when a lady runs up to me.)

Lady: “Hey, now! I’ve been calling for you.”

Me: “I-I’m sorry, I thought it was her. Can I help you?”

Lady: “No, but I can help you. My car is on the other side of the post office. Where do you live?”

Me: *I point to the apartment building* “Right there. Why?”

Lady: “Get your baby and get in the car. I’ll put the stroller and package in the back. You shouldn’t have to walk in the rain with a baby. I’m shocked no one has offered yet!”

Me: “Are you sure? I have no car-seat with me.”

Lady: “I’m sure. It’s better than her getting soaked and sick, or you! Come on now, dear.”

(She brought us home, and even carried the stroller and package inside. Lady, I know I said it more than once, but thank you, so, so, SO much. My daughter is dry and is currently watching her favorite show and snuggling her blanket.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!