Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bring Home The Bacon

, , , | Right | August 28, 2009

(A customer comes in to pick up a catered BLT tray she had previously ordered over the phone.)

Customer: “I can’t take these; they have bacon on them!”

Me: “I apologize, ma’am, there must have been a mistake. This ticket is for the BLT tray?”

Customer: “Right, that’s right. You shouldn’t put bacon on them! My boss is Jewish!”

Me: “But you did order the BLT?”

Customer: “Right, yes.”

Me: “I’m sorry, ma’am, there must have been a misunderstanding. The BLT comes with bacon, lettuce, and tomato. I can get a manager to help you correct the order if you’d like.”

Customer: “But my boss is Jewish!”

Me: “I completely understand; we’d be happy to remake the tray for you if you’re willing to wait about ten minutes until we serve the people in our take-out line.”

Customer: “But my boss is Jewish!”

Me: “I understand, and I apologize. We’ll be happy to remake the tray for you without bacon if you can wait just a few minutes.”

Customer: “I can’t wait that long!” (She rips off the tray and starts throwing strips of bacon on the counter. The manager looks up and sees her.)

Manager: “Excuse me, ma’am, that’s against the health code!”

Customer: “But my boss is Jewish!”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!