Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bridal Showering Of Truth

| Related | February 16, 2013

(I am at a bachelorette party for my future sister-in-law, who also happens to be my best friend. Neither of us is terribly fond of my extremely controlling and vindictive mother. I have been introduced to the other bridesmaids, mostly the bride-to-be’s old friends from college. As her fiancé’s sister, we all have a few drinks and the topic of in-laws come up. The other girls complain about their mothers-in-law, and my friend chimes in with a few truly horrid stories of her own. However, the mood among the other girls begins to grow uncomfortable as they slowly start to realize that the woman she is complaining about is, in fact, my mother.)

Bride-to-be: “I know, right? I can’t believe she said that to me! There was another time she—”

Bridesmaid #1: “Hey, why don’t we talk about something else for a bit, huh?”

Bride-to-be: “Oh. Okay, but why?”

(The bridesmaids look amongst each other awkwardly.)

Bridesmaid #2: *gesturing to me* “Well, I mean, that is her mom you’re talking about.”

(My future sister-in-law and I look at each other for a second, then burst out laughing, much to the surprise of the others.)

Me: “Oh, don’t worry about that. She might be my mom, but I hate that b****.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!