Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Break Out The Hairdryers!

, , , , , , | Working | May 5, 2023

Where I live, we get snow in winter. At one point, the gutter at our store filled with water, froze solid, and literally ripped off the side of the building and crashed down into the parking lot. Now, this was obviously a huge chunk of ice weighing a few hundred pounds at least, with part of the weight being icicles that grew into a solid vertical slab hanging down. Bless all saints that neither cars nor people were under it when it dropped.

[Store Manager] saw it and told us we needed to move it — “we” being literally two female employees and the female store manager, none of us physically capable of carrying that thing safely through an iced-over parking lot, even working together.

[Store Manager] demanded to know where the guys were. They had gone home hours ago.

The store manager freaked out, going on a rant about how the ice chunk was dangerous laying where it was and that it needed to be moved “somewhere safe”. We told her repeatedly that we could not do it, and she keep yelling that it needed to be done.

She finally spun on her heel and stormed out of the building in a rage when we flat-out refused to her face to walk out into a dark parking lot to move something that could not be safely moved.

This was but one of her freak-out screaming tantrums done on the floor during business hours. I quit shortly after that.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!