Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Brains Over Brawn

, , , | Right | January 3, 2012

(I work as a patient coordinator in an outpatient clinic. In our waiting room, we have a coffee machine that has three options on it: mild, regular, and bold. To use it, one simply opens up the compartment and places a single packet on the tray.)

Coworker: “There’s coffee everywhere in the waiting room!”

(I go to check it out. There is coffee all in the general area, on a patient, who is unhurt, and all of her papers. I ask the patient what happened)

Patient: “Your coffee machine is terrible; that’s what happened! Your coffee is so weak and I tried to make it stronger! Then, it shot coffee everywhere!”

Me: “Sorry to hear that! Let me see what I can do.”

(I open the coffee machine to see that the patient has shoved two coffee packets in the compartment, which clearly is supposed to take one. It’s a wonder the machine didn’t break.)

Me: “Ma’am, did you place two coffee packets in the compartment?”

Patient: “Of course! How else can I make it stronger?”

Me: *noticing the “Mild” option is selected* “Next time, please press the button that says ‘Bold’.”


This story is part of the “I Can’t Believe They Thought That Would Work!” roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!