Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Brainless MammAlien Vs. Predator

, , , , | Working | August 31, 2012

(I pick up a game and take it to the counter. The assistant manager, who I know from my frequent visits, is behind the counter along with a new hire I’ve never seen before.)

New Hire: *grinning at me* “Hey there. How you doing?” *looks down at the game box I’ve handed him and reads it aloud* “Predator: Concrete Jungle…” *glances up at me, still grinning* “So, is this a gift for your boyfriend?”

Me: “Oh, no, it’s for me. I’m a HUGE Predator fan and have been since I was a kid. I have all of the movies and want to get some of the comics.”

New Hire: *still grinning* “So, does that mean you don’t have a boyfriend?”

Me: “No, I have a boyfriend…” *show him my promise ring* “He just prefers games like Call of Duty.”

New Hire: “Oh, so what’s the game for? Just to add to your Predator collection?”

(The assistant manager has heard everything. Tired of his coworker’s stupidity, he speaks up.)

Assistant Manager: “It’s for her to PLAY! She comes in here about the same time every week! All of the games she buys are for her or her younger sister who comes with her sometimes!” *to me* “I’m sorry.”

Me: “That’s okay. I get that a lot.”

New Hire: “Since when are nerdy chicks hot?”

Me: “Riiight… I’ll just take my game and go now.” *to the assistant manager* “See you around.”

(I definitely saw the assistant manager around, but not the new hire—thankfully, he no longer works there.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!