Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Blind To The Blind Order To Move Blinds

| Working | June 18, 2014

(Our boss isn’t the sharpest pencil in the box. He is on to us for not getting work completed. He gives work such as moving stock from one area to another not considering how much work actually needs to be done to get it completed. His way is dumping the old stock on the floor, putting the new stock in place and then leaving the rest for someone else to do. He gives me the job to display new blinds.)

Me: *after working out exactly what has to be done* “I need to move the older ones to tables but these aren’t suitable. So I need to swap these with tables in [Department]. Then I can put the old blinds onto those tables and the new ones on the display shelves.” *explain everything to him in detail*

Boss: “Okay, whatever you think.” *heads to the office, meaning I am the only one on the floor to serve customers*

(I start moving everything in the order I worked out, while serving customers as well. I lose track of the times I go back to the work only to be called back to the counter right away. After a couple of hours, the boss comes out and asks if I’m done yet.)

Me: “If I didn’t have serve as well I’d probably would be but it’s slow work. I keep getting called down to the counter as soon as I come back here”.

Boss: “Okay, whatever.” *heads to office*

(It takes me most of my four-hour shift to complete all the work. Everything is in place but for two items.)

Boss: “Aren’t you done yet? You’ve taken too long to do that one job I gave you!” *looks around at all the immaculate tables and stock* “Oh, you did that, that, this, and that. No wonder it’s taken so long you did everything.”

Me: “Yes, I told you how I would be completing the job. I don’t like leaving work for others to do.”

Boss: “I had no idea what you were talking about”.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!