Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Blind To Reason

, , , , , | Right | February 17, 2010

(A customer walks in with a small dog in her purse.)

Me: “Excuse me, miss, but you can’t have your dog in here. You’ll need to leave it in your car.”

Customer: “Why? Chanel is my baby! There is no way I could leave her in my car!”

Me: “Miss, having your dog in here is unsanitary. She has to go back into your car before you can shop.”

Customer: “That is so dumb! Let me speak to your manager!”

Manager: “What seems to be the problem, miss?”

Customer: “This girl says I can’t have my dog in here! But I totally should be allowed to. Babies are allowed in, and Chanel is my baby!”

Manager: “Babies are a different story, miss.”

Customer: “My dog could die if I leave her in the car!”

(A clearly blind man now comes in with his seeing-eye dog.)

Customer: “You let that guy with his dog in! This is sexual discrimination!”

Manager: “Miss, that man is blind. We can’t tell him to leave his dog outside.”

Customer: “So, only blind people can have their dogs in the store?”

Manager: “That’s right.”

(The customer leaves and my manager disappears. Ten minutes later, the customer returns. She is wearing sunglasses and has her dog on a leash.)

Me: “Miss, I’ve already told you this. You need to leave your dog in your car.”

Customer: “But I’m blind and this is my seeing dog!”

Me: “You weren’t blind ten minutes ago, and you aren’t blind now. Please leave, or I will have you escorted out.”

Customer: “Fine, I’ll shop somewhere else! God, you people are so dumb!”


This story is part of our crazy pet owner roundup!

Read the next crazy pet owner roundup story!

Read the crazy pet owner roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!