Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Blame Kitt

, , , , | Right | June 5, 2019

(I am an insurance agent, calling a potential customer back to clarify some information so I can prepare an auto insurance quote for her.)

Me: “Hello. I am calling regarding the claim from March of last year. Can you please verify if you were at fault or not at fault for this accident?”

Customer: “Well, I pulled over to the side of the road, and then I backed into a pole. But my car’s back-up sensor did not go off and didn’t warn me, so it wasn’t my fault.”

Me: “I’m sorry, but you would be deemed at fault for that accident, in that case.”

Customer: “But it didn’t warn me! It didn’t do what it was supposed to do! My car has a sensor and it beeps when I am going to hit something. It didn’t beep, so it’s not my fault. And I didn’t get a ticket!”

Me: “I understand what you’re saying about the sensor not going off. Unfortunately, you’re still responsible for being aware of your surroundings. We’re going to have to quote this with an at-fault accident on the record.”

Customer: “I just don’t understand how it’s my fault. It’s my car’s fault.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!