Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bit Off More Than She Could Chew

| Learning | October 17, 2013

(I am in high school, but I look like I should be in middle school. People often call me ‘very cute’ when they first meet me. I also have a severe speech impediment, and because of this, it’s hard for me to voice my opinion with words. A new, very loud student has transferred into my history class, and when she comes in, she notices me almost immediately.)

New Girl: “Oh my gosh! Look at you; you’re so CUTE!”

Me: “Um, thanks…”

New Girl: “Oh, you’re just adorable! I could just eat you up!”

(She proceeds to reach forward and pinch my cheeks, HARD. Since I panic, and am unable to tell her to stop, I bite one of her hands.)

New Girl: “Ow! What the h*** was that for?!”

Me: “That hurt!”

New Girl: “I was just trying to be friendly! You didn’t have to bite me!”

Me: “Well, how would you like it if someone walked up and grabbed YOUR face?!”

(The teacher walks in.)

New Girl: “[Teacher’s Name]! She bit me!”

Teacher: “[My Name]?”

Me: “I only did it because she pinched my cheeks really hard.”

(I have red marks on my face where I was pinched, but the new girl has only a few faint marks on her hand where I bit her. From where the teacher is sitting, they probably aren’t even visible.)

Teacher: “Sit down, [New Girl]. [My Name], you know better than to bite new students. It’s a good thing you didn’t take her hand off like the last one.”

(Upon hearing this, the new girl slinks away to a seat on the other side of the room. I never had any problems with her after that, although she kept giving me dirty looks for the first week she was there!)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!