Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bird Brained, Part 8

| Right | September 27, 2013

(I work in a small natural remedies shop. A customer comes in just as we are opening. We open early in the morning; birds are literally still singing outside. The customer browses around for a while, looking increasingly more irritated until stalking up to the counter.)

Customer: “Excuse me?! Aren’t you going to do anything about those d*** birds? They won’t shut up.”

Me: “Well, I’m sorry ma’am, but we can’t really do much about the birds; they’re out there singing every morning. Maybe you could come back a little later?”

Customer: “I can’t come back later; I’ve got s*** to do today! Can’t you put on some music or something?”

Me: *bemused* “Okay, I’ll see what’s behind the counter.”

(I go to look through the store’s CDs, and try not to laugh.)

Customer: *stomps foot* “Well?!”

Me: “I’m sorry; it’s all sounds of nature type stuff.”

Customer: “So put it on!”

Me: “Ma’am, it’s bird noises.”

Customer: *stares intently* “Put it on.”

(She continues her shopping in peace and condescendingly asks me ‘isn’t that much better now?’ to the twin cacophony of singing birds in the background. Since then she’s come back every week at the same time, and I make sure I have the sounds of nature on hand when she does.)

 

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!