Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bill-ieve In The Kindness Of Strangers

| Working | May 31, 2013

(Note: I don’t have insurance, and one day I had to go to the emergency room. The ER bill was about $600 and every month I would call the billing office and make a phone payment; however, I am very low on money and have always only ever been able to make payments of $20 a month.)

Me: “Hello, I would like to make a payment on my account, please.”

Lady: “Okay, can I have your account details?”

(I give her my account details and she pulls up my account.)

Lady: “Hmm, you’ve been paying $20 a month on this bill every month for a year and a half.”

Me: “Yes, I know it’s a very low amount and I’m very sorry, but it’s just all I can afford.”

Lady: “I see that you’ve been on time with your payments every single month. We so infrequently get people that pay their ER bills at all! I’m just going to clear this bill from your account.”

Me: “…What? As in, you’re making it so that I don’t have to pay the rest of it!?”

Lady: “Yes, ma’am, that’s correct.”

Me: *in tears* “Thank you so much… God bless you, ma’am!”

(She really did clear the bill from my account. I never received another bill; I had no idea they could even do things like that. Lady, whoever you are, I will never ever forget your kindness!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!