Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bigots Will Only Get Stonewalled

, , , , | Right | March 28, 2012

(I’m a cashier at a newly opened gas station. It is the first of its chain in the area. As such, many of the customers are asking questions about the store. Since we’re new, I’m trying my best to be extra friendly and helpful to everyone. An old woman approaches me with several items. She looks rather concerned.)

Customer: “So… are you a gas station or a grocery store?”

Me: “Both, ma’am. We’re all about convenience.”

Customer: “And what sorts of customers come here?”

Me: “Well, we’ve just opened, ma’am, so it’s hard to say at this point.”

Customer: “I don’t want to shop at a store for God-hating homosexuals.”

Me: “Come again?”

Customer: “You heard me!”

(I do my best to maintain a neutral stance and begin scanning her items as quickly as possible.)

Me: “Ma’am, by policy we can’t turn away customers.”

(She gives me a strange look and her eyes widen.)

Customer: “You’re one of them aren’t you!?”

Me: “Pardon?”

Customer: “You’re a f****t!”

Me: “I’m not, actually, but it is my job to serve any customer that comes to my register.”

Customer: “I will never come here again! May God have mercy on your sinful soul!”

(I stand there for a few moments absolutely dumbstruck. Meanwhile, two older gentlemen in matching lavender shirts come up to my register and drop a $50 bill in my tip jar while only purchasing a single gallon of milk. One of them grins and looks me in the eye.)

Older Gentleman: “Doesn’t matter if you’re on ‘our team’ or not. We’re coming here every day from now on.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!