Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bigotry Meets Brotherly Love

| Friendly | December 16, 2014

(I have three brothers, all of whom are adopted and look absolutely nothing like me. Brothers #1 and #2 are both married, and Brother #1’s wife is in the midst of having their first baby. Brother #2 and I are in the hospital lobby, waiting for Brother #1 to come out once the baby is delivered. It’s very late, and I’m very tired since I haven’t had a chance to sleep since getting off a double shift at work, so I rest my head on my brother’s shoulder. I start drifting off when a middle-aged lady snaps at us.)

Lady: “You shouldn’t bring your sinful ways into a hospital. People are trying to recover here.”

Brother #2: “Sorry?”

Lady: “The Lord can’t heal His children when heathens like you are hanging around.”

Me: “Um… okay.”

(Just then, Brother #2’s wife, who is seven months pregnant, joins us. She kisses her husband on the cheek.)

Sister-In-Law #2: “Sorry I’m late, honey. Is [Sister-In-Law #1] okay? Did she have the baby?”

(We started filling her in while the middle-aged lady slunk away with her tail between her legs.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!