Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bezos Bozos

, , , , , , , | Right | July 25, 2022

I monitor calls for our agents to ensure quality is being met and customers are being assisted per company policies. I just finished monitoring a call where the agent placed an order for the customer. Our company name is nowhere close to Amazon, and we do not offer products on Amazon.

Customer: “I don’t understand why the shipping cost is included in my order. I have a Prime membership, and I should not be charged for shipping!”

Agent: “I’m sorry, ma’am, but you are speaking with [Company] and not Amazon.”

Customer: “I know that, but that does not answer my question. Why have you charged me shipping when I have a Prime membership?!”

Agent: “I’m sorry, but we are unable to use a Prime membership for our company as we are not Amazon. If you place an order with Amazon, if the items you purchase qualify, you should receive the benefit of free shipping.”

Customer: “This is ridiculous! I pay $200 a year for free shipping, and you can’t even offer that.”

Agent: “I’m so sorry, ma’am. Unfortunately, Amazon only allows membership benefits through its website or app.”

Customer: “You’ll hear from my lawyer for false advertising!”

The customer then proceeded to hang up, and she emailed us later that night wanting to cancel the order she had placed.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!