Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Better Make It A Double

| Right | January 8, 2013

(I am working in a pub, and my sister, my identical twin, has come in to say hello during a busy period. She has queued, and I have served her an alcoholic drink. I am just handing it over when this conversation starts.)

Customer: “You didn’t check the ID of this girl. She doesn’t look old enough to drink. I demand you check her ID!”

Me: “I am sorry, sir, but I can assure you that she is old enough to drink.”

Customer: “She is only about 12! She is nowhere old enough to drink. I will call the police if you do not check her ID!”

Me: “Sir, she is old enough to drink. She is my sister, and I can assure you that she is 20 years old.”

Customer: “If you won’t check her ID, I am going to call the police!”

(The customer takes his phone out and makes a show of dialing. My sister looks embarrassed, but pays for her drink, shows me her driving license as she does look young, and takes a seat at the bar.)

Me: “See? My sister is old enough to drink.”

Customer: “No! You’re breaking the law!” *to everyone around us* “She’s breaking the law!”

(Hearing the commotion, security comes.)

Security: “What is the trouble, sir?”

Customer: “That girl has served a drink to an underage customer! She used a fake ID; I saw her!”

Security: “Sir, can’t you see the resemblance? The girl serving you is the identical twin of this customer. If she is old enough to serve you drinks, her twin is old enough to drink, too.”

Customer: *muttering* “Well… she doesn’t look as old as she does!” *leaves*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!