Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Best Un-Punishment Ever!

, , , , , , , | Related | August 9, 2022

I was about ten years old when this happened. I dragged myself home from school, dreading my destination because I was on punishment detail for pissing my dad off. My punishment this time was a list of chores to be done to our lawn and garden.

As I trudged inside the house, my mom and dad popped out of nowhere.

Mom & Dad: *Excitedly* “Go to your room! Go to your room!”

Me: “Huh?”

My dad began yanking my jacket off while my mom grabbed my shoes and the backpack that I was holding.

Mom & Dad: “We’ll put this away for you! GO TO YOUR ROOM!”

Me: “But I got punishment detail—”

Dad: “Full pardon granted! GO TO YOUR ROOM!”

Me: “I… Wha… Okay?”

I headed to my room with a big question mark hanging overhead; my parents were NOT the most “accommodating” people.

I peeked into my room. Nothing was amiss, not that I expected them to leave me any surprises or gifts. Maybe they had a friend over and they were discussing something ultra-personal that they didn’t want me to hear?

I shrugged and switched on my Super Nintendo… and out from my laundry basket sprang my dear beloved seven-year-old little (half) sister who I had not seen in two years because her mom was stationed overseas in the military. And “beloved” is an understatement; I had taught this girl how to ride a bike, we spent every waking moment together when we could, and we wrote each other nonstop when separated.

Her stepdad had been kind enough to finally fly her all the way across the globe to stay with me for three weeks while he stayed in a hotel.

It ranks as one of the best surprise heart attacks I have ever gotten.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!