Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Best Left To His Own Company

| Right | November 21, 2013

(A customer is trying to return a computer he has had for over six months.)

Me: “Sorry, you can’t return it now, but we may be able to fix it. What’s wrong with it?”

Customer: “It doesn’t get online anymore.”

(I start working on the computer, and find the antivirus has expired and locked down the browser. This is a sneaky trick some antivirus software does to get you to renew.)

Me: “I removed your expired AV. Your browser is working. You will need new AV.”

Customer: “Awesome, that’s great. Hey do you have those cameras that go up high?”

Me: “…Cameras that go up high?”

Customer: “Yeah, like those.”

(He points to the store’s security cameras.)

Me: “Oh, security cameras? No, we don’t sell anything like that.”

Customer: “But [Other Store] sells them.”

Me: “Yes, sir, but we are a different company.”

(As I answer him, the customer looks very strange; it’s as if he is no longer all there mentally. He begins muttering to himself.)

Customer: “Different company? Diff-erent company… Different comp-any…”

(The customer picks up his computer and walks off, all the while continuing to mutter and stare directly into the lights in the ceiling. After he leaves, my coworker speaks up.)

Coworker: “…What just happened?”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!