Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Best Just To Let It Slide

| Right | January 1, 2013

(I work on the rides at a small theme park. We swap round every so often because you’d go mad working in the same place all day. To reach the top of the water slide, we have to go up the same way the customers do. Ideally, customers should queue either side of the ramp, one queue for each of the two types of slides as indicated by the signs, then we’d walk up the space in the middle. It’s not always that easy, though.)

Me: “Excuse me, please.”

(As I walk up the space in the middle, most customers move to the side when they turn and see I’m in uniform. One woman, however, appears to ignore me.)

Me: “Sorry, excuse me please.”

Customer: “There’s a queue.”

Me: “Yes, I know; I work here. Sorry about the wait. It shouldn’t take long from here. If I could just squeeze past?”

Customer: “No! You can wait like everyone else. So rude. Trying to push in!” *begins ranting*

(The customer’s husband turns around to see what his wife is ranting about and starts laughing.)

Customer’s Husband: “Hun, let her past.”

Customer: “What? No way!”

Customer’s Husband: “Well, we’re not going to get very far if you don’t. She’s the one that’s operating the ride.”

Customer: *turns around, goes bright red, and steps out of my way*

(I laugh and thank her husband before carrying on. She looked quite embarrassed to see me operating the water slide by the time it got to her go!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!