Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Being Babies Over The Baby Vouchers

, , , | Right | December 4, 2021

In the UK, if you have babies and young children and are on a very low income or receive certain benefits, you’re given vouchers to use when you’re buying fruit and veg, milk, and baby formula. There are very specific rules to what is and is not covered by the vouchers. You wouldn’t believe the number of arguments I’ve had with entitled idiots over the use of these coupons!

Customer #1: “WHAT DO YOU MEAN, I CAN’T USE THEM TO BUY CHIPS?! CHIPS ARE A VEGETABLE!”

No, they are a processed food item.

Customer #2: “THE LADY AT THE OFF-LICENCE LETS ME BUY BEER WITH THEM, SO YOU HAVE TO, TOO!”

No, that’s either a lie or illegal, as these are GOVERNMENT-ISSUED and you’re supposed to use them to feed your babies.

Customer #3: “YOU OWE ME CHANGE! I DIDN’T SPEND THE TOTAL VALUE!”

I am not allowed to give change because my till will only let you use it for the exact amount; otherwise, I’m prompted “insufficient” and, therefore, I’ll either give you back your coupon to use next time or ask if you want to buy something else to make up the amount.

Customer #4: “HOW THE F*** DO YOU KNOW WHAT I CAN OR CANNOT BUY WITH THEM?!”

It’s literally printed in bold font on the front AND back of every coupon.

The list is endless.

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!