Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Being Airheaded Is A Condition

| Working | September 6, 2012

Me: “Hi, I bought my central air conditioner from you, and it’s not working. I have the extended service contract, so I need to schedule someone to come fix it.”

Employee #1: “What type is it?”

Me: “It is [major brand, model type].”

Employee #1: “We don’t service that brand.”

Me: “Yes, you do. It is the preferred brand of your corporation. Also, I have the service contract sitting in front of me. Why would you sell me a service contract if you won’t provide service?”

Employee #1: “I’m sure we don’t service [major brand].”

Me: “I’m sure you do. Can you check, or else transfer me to a supervisor?”

Employee #1: “Fine, whatever. Hold.”

(I am put on hold for several minutes)

Employee #1: “All right, we can service that brand. Just bring it in to one of our service centers.”

Me: “As I said, it’s a central air conditioner. I don’t know how to uninstall it, nor could I lift it or drive it to your store. If I tried to uninstall it myself, that would probably void the contract.”

Employee #1: “Well, that’s your problem. You’ll have to bring it in. That’s all we can do.”

(I hang up but call back. Thankfully, I get a different employee.)

Me: “Hi, I just called to get someone to fix my central air conditioner, which is under a service contract. First, the employee told me you don’t service [major brand] despite selling me a service contract for it. Then he said that I had to bring it in to a service center to be fixed.”

Employee #2: “Of course we service [major brand]. And he wanted you to bring it to a service center? Did you explain that it’s a central air conditioner?”

Me: “Yes. I don’t think he understood the concept.”

Employee #2: *sigh* “I’m sorry, sir, some of our employees are idiots.”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!