Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Behavior That Bowls You Over

, , , | Working | January 4, 2018

(Some friends and I are attending a small party held at a park in the afternoon. We soon realize that we have forgotten all of the utensils and plates. We don’t need much, so we decide to go to a fast food restaurant to get some drinks and the necessary supplies. We are pulling through the drive-thru.)

Employee: “Hello, and thanks for choosing [Restaurant]. What can we get for you today?”

(I order some drinks, and at the very end I ask for the supplies we need.)

Me: “Also, can we get some of your foam bowls, and some sporks?”

Employee: “You want some bowls?”

Me: “Yes. The ones that you use for cheesy potatoes. Could we get five of them?”

Employee: “You want cheesy potatoes?”

Me: “No, I just want the foam bowl that they come in.”

(The employee then adds cheesy potatoes to the order screen.)

Employee: “Anything else for you today?”

Me: “No, but I don’t want cheesy potatoes, I just want the foam bowl that they come in. Don’t ring it up; I just want the bowl.”

Employee: “But if you want the potatoes, I’ll have to ring it up.”

Me: “Okay, imagine that you have a bowl of cheesy potatoes in your hand. Now, take away the sour cream, the nacho cheese, and the potatoes. What is left in your hand?”

Employee: “Nothing?”

(At this point, I’ve given up explaining.)

Me: “All right, how about you take off the cheesy potatoes from the order, and I’ll explain at the window?”

Employee: “Uh, all right.”

(We pull forward, only to find that this employee is either drunk, high, or both. She’s barely lucid.)

Me: “Can we talk with a manager?”

(The manager arrives quickly.)

Manager: “What’s the problem?”

Me: “We just want some foam bowls. The ones you use for cheesy potatoes.”

Manager: “How many?”

Me: “Just five, and some sporks”

(He grabbed the items and sent us on our way. I’m still astounded that her manager allowed her to work in that condition!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!