Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Behaving With Dis-Stain

, , , , , | Right | July 29, 2010

(When clothing comes out of the packaging, we steam it to remove the wrinkles before we put it on the sales floor. A customer picks up a shirt that I have just finished steaming.)

Customer: “Excuse me, do you know what this stain is? Will it come out in the wash?”

Me: “It’s water, from the steamer. Just give it a few minutes to dry, and the stain will be gone.”

Customer: “I don’t have a few minutes. If I take it home and wash it, can I return it if the stain doesn’t come out?”

Me: “No, ma’am. Once the article has been washed we can no longer return it. It’s just water, I can assure you.”

Customer: “Well, then can you wash it here?”

(I go and soak it in the sink in our stock room, and hand the sopping wet shirt to the client.)

Customer: “I asked you to wash it! Instead, you just made the stain bigger!”


This story is part of our roundup about customers who are bad listeners!

Read the next story in the bad listening customers roundup!

Read the bad listening customers roundup!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!