Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Been Ladle-fed Her Entire Life

| Right | January 20, 2015

(I am called over by a customer to the kitchen department.)

Customer: “I’m looking for a metal ladle. I need it to match my other utensils.”

Me: *showing her the three plastic ladles we have, no metal ones* “Sorry, it seems we only have plastic ones, not metal. You could possibly check online.”

Customer: *clearly annoyed* “No, I need a metal ladle. I don’t want to go online for any crap you’re trying to sell me.”

Me: “I’m sorry. We’re a lot smaller than other stores. We don’t have as large of a variety as the other ones do.”

Customer: “I need my ladle. You’ll order one for me and I’ll be here to pick it up in three days exactly.”

Me: “We can’t do that, ma’am. We have thing shipped to us through a system. We get bulk orders of items that the systems recognizes we need, whether we have run out or they are sent for a new season.”

Customer: “I’ll be back in three days.” *to her daughter in the cart* “The customer is always right, sweetie. You demand, and then you get. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. I’ll get my ladle and they can’t do anything about it.”

(She walked away while I tried to explain there was no way we could order one of an item, again…)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!