Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Beat It, Kid

, , , , | Right | November 26, 2020

I work in a bank. We are super busy. I see a kid, no older than eighteen, come in the door.

Me: “Hello! We’ll be with you in just a minute!”

The customer immediately turns his face in the other direction and pulls his hat low over his eyes. I continue chatting with my current customer, who is a regular, but keep an eye on the kid. He starts studying the cameras and pushes on our side door, which is locked during the day.

Me: “Excuse me, sir. Do you need a deposit slip?”

The kid scowls at me and adjusts his hat over his eyes again. My regular turns around to see what’s going on.

Regular: “What’s up with that?”

Me: “Do you mind if I call the manager real quick?”

Regular: “Go right ahead, hon. I’ve got time.”

I call my manager’s extension.

Me: “Hey, I need you to come out and talk to someone.”

Manager: “Kid with the red hat who just tried the side exit?”

Me: “That’s the one. He’s eyeing the cameras, and he keeps hiding his face.”

Manager: “Leave it to me.”

She comes out of her office and approaches him.

Manager: *Loudly* “Good morning, sir! What can I help you with today? Do you want to open an account? Buy a new car? I can help you with that! Why don’t you step into my office?”

Several customers turn around to see who’s speaking. The kid turns around and runs out the door. My regular laughs.

Manager: “And that’s how you take care of that. Nice catch, [My Name].”

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!