Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Be Scared Of Customers You Will

, , , , , | Right | October 23, 2009

(At the theater where I work, the new Star Wars movie has just premiered a few days prior.)

Me: “Good evening, sir. Can I see your ticket, please?”

Customer: “The Force is strong with this one.”

Me: “Okay, I take it you’re seeing our new Star Wars movie? It’s a really good movie, sir.”

Customer: “I challenge you to a lightsaber battle!”

(Suddenly, the customer whips out two lightsabers from under his cloak.)

Me: “Sir, I’m actually working right now, but your movie will start in fifteen minutes. If you’d like, you can head into the theater.”

Customer: “Challenge you I have. Defeat you I will!”

Me: “No, not today, sir. Work I must.” *light laughter*

Customer: “But… but I have challenged you! I sense the Force within you is strong!”

Me: “Really?”

Customer: *nods*

Me: *looks around* “All right, just give me one.”

(He then proceeds to give me the green lightsaber and stands back in a fighting pose. I very weakly go to cross swords with him when my manager comes up behind me.)

Manager: “So we play games while we’re on the clock now, do we?”

(I turn to address my manager when literally, in the swiftest motion I’ve ever seen, the patron stabs me in the stomach with the lightsaber, takes the one from my hand, and runs out the backside door to the movie theater.)

Manager: “Well?”

(Literally defeated, I headed back to work.)


This story is part of our Star Wars roundup!

Read the next Star Wars roundup story!

Read the Star Wars Roundup!


This story is included in our Awesome Customer story roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the story roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!