Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Be-Laboring The Need For A Refund

, , , , | Right | September 29, 2018

(I’m an assistant manager for a discount retail store, and my cashier calls me up to the register. A customer is standing there with a huge box. At this particular discount store customers can place online orders that can be shipped to their homes or to their nearest store.)

Me: “How can I help you?”

Customer: “I ordered this a while ago and it’s been sitting in my house. I don’t need them anymore. I want to return them.”

(I see the box has a shipping label meaning it was sent to her home. If it was sent to us, I could quickly look it up in our computer and do the refund, but because it was sent to her house, I have to call the online order customer service.)

Me: “Okay, ma’am. Unfortunately, I am not able to do the refund because it is an online order. Do you have you invoice number with you? I have to call—”

Customer: *calm demeanor completely changes from calm to almost a frustrated sadness* “I don’t have the time! I was in the hospital for a while and almost died! I don’t even have a computer. Just sell it to whoever!”

(The customer starts walking away, and I try to stop her from leaving so I can try and get her a refund.)

Me: “Ma’am I can help you out; just give me a minute!”

Customer: *as she is almost running out the door* “I don’t have the time! My daughter is in labor! I have to go!”

(My cashier and I just stand there and exchange a, “Did that just happen?” kind of look.)

Cashier: “What the h***?”

Me: “I know. Never a dull moment here.”

(Fortunately, I was able to get the customer her refund. Too bad she didn’t stick around long enough to find out.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!