Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Barely Keeping Afloat And The Boss Dumps Rocks In Your Pockets

, , , , , , | Working | May 26, 2023

The worst manager I ever had was a logistics manager back in Ecuador in 2012. I was the logistics supervisor. He got mad when I clocked out at 5:00 after I did my work and got surprised when I told him I had a life. He expected me to do three people’s worth of work.

He once insulted me at lunchtime, and I told him it was the only time I had to relax and he should never dare to insult me. (He never did it again.)

When I got married, he got angry because I dared to get married at a time when the company was busy.

He was ready to make me feel like crap if I made a mistake after the overwhelming amount of work. I could not concentrate on one task I had to do carefully, and although I tried my best, since I was multitasking, sometimes I did that task wrong. I was getting calls from everywhere — salespeople, warehouse, drivers, company director, [Manager], etc. — plus checking emails, organizing truck routes, processing the drivers’ allowances, and dealing with chemical documentation… and it all had to be done before 10:00 am every day.

Outsourced truckers were always asking to give them business, and amidst all the chaos, I needed to find time to negotiate, which I’ve never been good at. Also, sometimes people came in person to talk to me!

I lasted almost a year in that hellish job. I was about to quit, but [Manager] fired me first, which was better as the severance package was more money.

After that, all I’ve gotten is amazing, human bosses!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!