Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

There’s A Lot In Store

| Related | October 20, 2016

(My sister-in-law, despite being older than my wife and being the one that left for university, never seemed to grow up. Needing lifts places, borrowing money, she and her husband can’t seem to sort themselves out without regular help. It has gotten to the point that they just expect people to drop everything at short notice as they fail to sort things out in time.)

Sister-In-Law: “Oh, can you store some furniture for us?”

Wife: “Maybe, but why?”

Sister-In-Law: “Well, we booked our removal company next Wednesday and our house isn’t ready.”

Wife: “Oh, okay. Wouldn’t it be better to use a storage company? I mean, you don’t know how long it will be till you move.”

Sister-In-Law: “No, [Husband] doesn’t want to spend anymore money.”

Wife: “Err, okay. [My Name], can we fit something in the garage? Or your office?”

Me: “The garage is full, but I guess I can move something around. I did just sort out the office. I guess I can live with it being full again.”

Sister-In-Law: “Great! [Husband] will let you know when we can move things around.”

(I was a little annoyed that after months my office was finally getting ready, only for it to be trashed again, and the massive amount of work it would take to clear the garage. I put what time I could in making some space. A few days later, whilst eating dinner, she is at the door.)

Sister-In-Law: “We’re ready.”

Wife: “Okay, can you wait 20 minutes? We are just in the middle of dinner.”

Sister-In-Law: “Not really! All our stuff is outside.”

(I took a look. They had emptied their house: beds, boxes, pictures, everything. I spent the next two hours moving their stuff for them, only for my sister-in-law to disappear inside to chat. Over the next four weeks they popped round often, unannounced, to collect whatever item they needed, only to complain how the items were stored!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!