Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Her Sub Skills Are Sub-Standard

| Working | March 26, 2015

(My cousin is 11. Her dad is the manager of a sandwich shop for half a year. After school she goes to the shop to pick up a sandwich her dad leaves for her. New employees get told of this.)

Cousin: “Hi, are you new?”

New Employee: “Yes.”

Cousin: “I’m [Cousin] and my dad is [Manager]. He always leaves me a sandwich to pick up. Can I have it, please?”

New Employee: “Go away.”

Cousin: “Huh?”

New Employee: “You just want free food. Get out.”

Cousin: “My daddy didn’t tell you?”

Employee: “Hey! What are you doing? This is [Cousin]. She came for her sandwich her dad leaves for her. Why are you talking to her like that?”

New Employee: “How would I know who she is?”

Employee: “Really? [Manager] always lets us know about her when we’re hired.”

New Employee: “Well, I wasn’t told.”

Employee: “That’s odd. I’ll let him know. But that was still rude the way you talked to her.”

Cousin: “What happened, [Employee]? Can I have my sandwich?”

Employee: “Of course you can.”

(It turned out my uncle did tell this new employee; somehow she ‘forgot’ or completely ignored it. She was fired soon after for being rude to people in general.)

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!