Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bagels Begets Rewards

, , , | Right | February 12, 2020

(My husband and I are regulars at a bagel shop in town. They know us by our orders; mine is a small coffee with cream and sugar. One day, we go in early for breakfast and I get bacon, egg, and cheese on a roll and my husband gets a bagel with cream cheese. When they bring our order, my sandwich is on a bagel.) 

Me: *thinking I ordered wrong* “I’m sorry, I thought I asked for this on a roll.”

Cashier: “Oh, yes, you did. Don’t worry. Keep that; I’ll bring you a new one.”

Me: “Oh, no, don’t worry about that. I don’t want to waste food.”

Cashier: “Are you sure?”

Me: “Yes, I work in a kitchen and I understand that mistakes happen.”

(I eat my sandwich and it’s really good on the bagel.)

Me: “Thanks, it was really good!”

Cashier: “Sorry again! Have a nice day.”

(I return a few days later to get coffee before work. I hadn’t slept well and looked visibly tired.) 

Owner: “Small coffee with cream and sugar?”

Me: “I’m exhausted; better make it a medium.”

(He rings me up, I pay, and he brings me an extra-large coffee.) 

Cashier: “I heard what happened with your sandwich the other day and wanted to make up for it. Plus, you were so nice, I thought you deserved a reward. Hope you wake up!”

(I still go in almost every other day to get coffee. If you’re nice and forgiving, sometimes you get rewarded!)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!