Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bad Customer Service Can Really Do A Number On You

| Working | January 29, 2013

(I am involved in a ongoing dispute with my mobile phone provider. I call them on several occasions, talk to my bank, and send them documents as proof I have paid. However, there is still no movement from them.)

Operator: “Hello, welcome to [mobile phone provider]. How can I help you?”

Me: “Yes, I’ve had a bit if an issue here with my mobile phone. I paid $35 towards my prepaid account over the phone with my debit card, but the amount was never credited to my account. You also took the money from my account and never relieved it. It’s still sitting in unallocated funds on my online account.”

Operator: “I can help you, but I need a receipt number to look at the transaction.”

Me: “I was never given a receipt number. After I confirmed the transaction over the phone, there was some sort of error, and the automated system never gave me one.”

Operator: “I can’t help you unless I have a receipt number.”

Me: “But I was never given one! The automated system said there was an error and I was never given one.”

Operator: “I can’t help you unless you give me your receipt number.”

Me: “I just told you; I don’t have one.”

Operator: “Then I can’t do anything for you.”

Me: “But this is my money; you took money from my account and haven’t revived it yet. Am I expected to just leave it in unallocated funds?”

Operator: “You need to take that up with your bank.”

Me: “But I have: I spoke to them personally and emailed you a copy if the online statement showing the unallocated funds.The bank said that it’s your end’s fault for not taking the payment.”

Operator: “What do you expect me to do, then?”

Me: “I need you to either credit my account or refund my money.”

Operator: “But I can’t do that without a receipt number. Without a receipt number, we have no record of the payment.”

Me: “I was never given a receipt number! The only record I have of it is on my online statement. I sent that to you and it has the name of your company and the amount I paid.”

Operator: “There’s nothing more I can do to help you without you giving me a receipt number. If you have an issue with the payment then I suggest you take it up with your bank. Goodbye!” *hangs up*

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!