Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Bad Candidates Come And “Go”

| Working | May 5, 2017

(HR sends out an email to all the new prospective employees about the time and place for their second interview. They also specify appropriate clothing attire to wear.)

Woman: *in ripped jeans, holey sweatshirt, and red knee high boots* “Excuse me; I’m here for my interview. It’s [Woman] for 3:00.”

Me: “Okay, there’s a washroom around the corner if you want to quickly change before your interview.”

Woman: “Excuse me?”

Me: “Oh… it’s just that the email states to wear ‘business casual’ so I just thought—”

Woman: “Look, they clearly want me if I got this interview. I’m a ‘take me as I am or watch me as I go’ kinda woman and I don’t appreciate your advice. I like this outfit; it’s my ‘feel good’ outfit.”

Me: “And [Company] totally respects individuality in the workplace but since we don’t know you that well, wouldn’t it be a good idea to make a good first impression? There’s a cute, cheap boutique a block away. I can save your time slot for you.”

Woman: *laughs* “Trust me, once they see what I can bring to [Company] they won’t be focused on my clothes. Look at that girl.” *points to owner’s granddaughter in her school uniform with a hiked up skirt* “Look how she’s dressed. If she can wear that to work, so can I. I told you, I’m a ‘take me as I am or watch me as I go’ kinda woman.”

(We watched her as she went, by the way.)

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!