Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Backwards Driving, Loopy Logic

, , , , , | Right | February 3, 2011

(I work in a store with a donut-shaped, one-way parking lot.)

Customer: “Your parking lot is way too dangerous! I was trying to go for a spot and someone came the other way. There was no space to get around each other! What if we crashed?”

Me: “Which way did you go when you entered the lot? Straight or to the right?”

Customer: “I went straight, towards the doors! What does that matter?”

Me: “Well, everyone is supposed to go one way in the parking lot to avoid that kind of situation.”

Customer: “Then that idiot was going the wrong way! Someone should be out there monitoring the lot!”

Me: “Actually, ma’am, you’re supposed to turn right when you enter the parking lot. Everyone moves in a counter-clockwise direction.”

Customer: “And I’m supposed to just know that? The road should be marked!”

Me: “It is, ma’am.”

Customer: “It certainly is not!”

(I lead the customer to a window overlooking the lot and the customer sees enormous white arrows painted the entire way through, showing which way to go.)

Customer: “What, you expect me to be looking at the road when I drive!?”


This story is part of our bad driver roundup!

Read the next bad driver roundup story!

Read the bad driver roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!