Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Baby Boa

, , , , | Right | July 22, 2014

(I work at a pet store in a large shopping mall. We sell pets and supplies. The customer in question is a well-dressed woman in her late twenties.)

Customer: “Do you sell rabbits?”

Me: “Not year-round; they are a seasonal item.”

Customer: “Do you have any large rats or guinea pigs? I need to feed my snake and it is quite large.”

Me: “Well, we do have some rats. Let me show them to you.”

(I take the customer over to the enclosure with the rats.)

Me: “Will any of these do?”

Customer: “Well, they are a little small. I will just buy two of them. The snake is probably really hungry since he escaped for a while and we just found him.”

Me: “I am glad you got him back safe and sound. Was he gone for long?”

Customer: “Yes, he was missing for quite a while. In fact, he hasn’t even met the baby yet.”

(I don’t know if it ever occurred to her that a missing snake large enough to eat a full-grown rabbit could be a danger to her infant child!)


This story is part of our Snakes roundup!

Want to read the next story? Click here!

Want to read the roundup? Click here!

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!