Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Babies Cost Money Before They’re Born

| Right | August 1, 2017

(I work at a movie theater. One day, I am working concessions, when a young family approaches me — a father, two young children, and a VERY pregnant mother.)

Me: “Hi! Welcome to [Movie Theater]! What can I get for you today?”

Father: *laughing* “Oh, you’re going to make a healthy profit off us today!”

Mother: “Yeah, sorry. But I’m just starving and having one of my ‘pregnant mommy’ hunger-fits.”

Me: *laughing* “That’s quite all right. What can I get you?”

Father: “I’ll have a large popcorn and soda for me and the kids… And my wife will have—”

Mother: “—can I also get a large popcorn and soda… and one of your single-serving cheese pizzas… and an order of chicken fingers, fries, and jalapeno poppers… and some cheese sticks.”

Me: “Sure. Just so you know that will be about $70, and it’ll take about ten minutes or so to make all the hot foods. That okay?”

Father: “Oh, boy, I wasn’t expecting to spend so much today… Hey, if my wife gives birth while you’re making it, can we get the food for free?”

Me: “Um… sure?”

Father: *turning to his wife* “Okay, you better get to pushing, honey, because I only have about $50 with me!”

(Thanks for the laugh, and congrats on the new baby!)


Did you find this story using our Movie Theater Concessions roundup?

Click here to get to the first story!

Click here to get back to the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!