Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

Attack Of The Killer Tomato Customers

| Right | January 7, 2013

(I am cashiering on the first express lane with one of our new hires on the second express lane. I’m cashing out a customer when I hear an outburst from the new girl’s line.)

Customer: “What are you doing?! Don’t touch my tomatoes! Leave them in the bag!”

New Cashier: *turns around, looks at me* “Help me, please?”

Me: *walks over* “Good afternoon, sir. How can I help you?”

Customer: “I bought these tomatoes, and she is taking them out of the bag and ringing them up separately! I want them rung up together!”

Me: “Well, sir, it looks like you bought 3 different tomato varieties.”

Customer: “So?”

Me: “Each variety is a different price per pound. To keep our inventory counts accurate, we have to weigh and ring these up separately.”

Customer: “I don’t want you touching my tomatoes!”

Me: “I’m sorry, sir, but it is store policy.”

Customer: “I want to see a manager!”

Me: “Sure.”

(I flag down a supervisor, who is female.)

Supervisor: “What can I do for you, sir?”

Customer: “No! I want to talk to a manager!”

Supervisor: “I assure you, I’m a manager.”

Customer: “No! A man!”

Supervisor: *sighs* “I’ll be right back.”

(She returns with the store manager, who is male. He walks off with the now-livid customer.)

New Cashier: “Did he really pitch a fit over tomatoes?”

Me: “Yep. And I wouldn’t be surprised if he got them for free now.”

New Cashier: “No way.”

(15 minutes later, the supervisor returns.)

Supervisor: “Well, [store manager] just gave our angry customer his tomatoes for free.”

New Cashier: “What!?”

Me: “I told you!”

Question of the Week

Tell us your story about a customer who couldn't understand the most simple concept.

I have a story to share!