Right Working Romantic Related Learning Friendly Healthy Legal Inspirational Unfiltered

At Least She Tried: Racism, Sexism AND Jesus

, , , | Right | January 4, 2008

Female Customer: *from 15 feet away* “Hey, you!”

Me: “Yes?”

(Customer comes over with her friends and a dirty soccer-ball-shaped pillow.)

Female Customer: “This is the last one and it’s dirty. I want 20% off!”

Me: “I’d like to give you a discount, but you’ll have to talk to one of my superiors. I don’t have the authority to do that.”

Female Customer: *points towards the sky* “My only superior is up there, and He’s the only one who I take orders from. ”

Me: “Let me see if I can get a manager.”

(I call for a manager, and of course, no one shows up. After 10 minutes…)

Female Customer: “Why can’t you give me a discount?”

Me: “Because I don’t have the authority.”

Female Customer: “Well, I think you can’t give me a discount because you don’t believe in Jesus!”

Me: “You can take that item to the service desk, and I’m sure they’d be able to help you out.”

Female Customer: “Yeah and we’ll stick out like a bunch of sore thumbs since we’re the only black people in the store!”

Me: “Actually, our store manager is African-American, as well as two of our assistant managers, who are both women.”

Female Customer: “Oh.” *she finally walks away*


This story is part of the Cheapskate Customers roundup!

Read the next roundup story!

Read the roundup!

Question of the Week

Have you ever served a bad customer who got what they deserved?

I have a story to share!